This week, Performance in People (PiP) has been supporting Mental Health Awareness Week (9th – 13th May 2022). PiP recognise the importance of looking after everyone’s mental health and is continually looking for more ways to promote and improve health and wellbeing.
What have we been doing this week?
PiP’s Wellbeing team members got together and planned a variety of activities for staff to take part in throughout the week. We kick started by having daily emails that had a different wellbeing topic and tips, a selection of herbal teas for staff to try and a visit from a different ‘Dog a Day’ (our furry friends were extremely popular).
In addition, the timetable had several interesting activities for staff to participate in:
- Monday saw PiP launch their new Employee Assistance Programme. The new programme is dedicated to helping all members of the team whenever they may need it. In the office the teams took some time out from their normal day job and to share some fun and laughs by asking some ‘Would you rather’ questions and saying a truth and a lie about themselves with everyone else in the team having to guess which was true. With Mental Health Awareness Week’s focus being based on loneliness this year, we felt it was time to get everyone talking! Followed by some Origami in the afternoon.
- Tuesday was filled with lots of laughs when we had Susan from Lotus Tree Yoga come in for a Laughing Yoga session. There is nothing like a good laughing session to lift spirits and improve your mood! The afternoon saw PiP staff test their imagination and drawing skills when they were tasked with creating a Superhero each. Keep an eye on our socials for the winning ones.
- Wednesday was focused on healthy eating and nutrition. PiP welcomed Kate and Lauren from Elixir Freshly Frozen to talk with members of staff about the benefits of juicing. Staff were able to try a few samples and were given a juice each on PiP. After work Susan returned to host a yoga session for staff which included a lot of relaxation and stretching after a long day at their desks.
- Thursday morning, we had a cosy cake morning, staff were given the option to come to work in the pjs or comfy clothes and we gathered in the atrium for a business update, some charity prizes and a couple of giveaways including a paid Wellbeing Day and a paid lie in! There was also cake and snacks to tuck into. The lunchtime activity saw the start of our new gardening club. To get staff outside in the fresh air and see if they have green fingers. It was lucky we had the sun out for it today!
- Friday’s plans will include a lunchtime Relaxation session with Susan. Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. It is an activity we hold at least once a month at PiP and you can definitely feel the benefits when you’ve been. The week’s final activity will be a bit of portrait drawing! Hopefully we’ll find some more talented artists at PiP.
We’ve had a great week trying new things and taking the time to consider our own mental health. It’s important to remember to take a bit of time for yourself. You deserve it!