What is Customer Mystery Shopping?
Customer Mystery Shopping involves utilising a client’s real customers to complete a mystery shop visit. There are 2 types of Customer Mystery Shopping we provide:
1. Customer Vehicle Servicing Mystery Shopping (CVS)
CVS enables automotive dealers to measure the performance of the aftersales and servicing function. Performance in People’s video mystery shoppers accompany real customers and covertly video record their vehicle service experience. Customers are recruited to the programme with the assistance of the client and provided with an incentive of a pre-set contribution to their servicing bill.
2. Customer Handover Mystery Shopping
This programme enables our clients to measure the performance of the handover process (e.g. on collection of a newly purchased car or a new house). Following the same principles as CVS, Performance in People’s video mystery shoppers accompany real customers and covertly video record their handover experience. Customers are recruited to the programme with the assistance of the client, and provided with a financial incentive for taking part.
What is Acquired Vehicle Servicing Mystery Shopping?
As well as customer mystery shopping, this team also owns the Acquired Vehicles Servicing (AVS) Mystery Shop programmes we deliver for our automotive clients. This involves managing a fleet of vehicles our video mystery shoppers use to take to dealerships around the UK to test not only the customer service experience at service centres, but also technical aspects such as fault finding, and rectification.
Meet the team
Performance in People has a dedicated team that manages, coordinates, and successfully delivers Customer Mystery Shopping programmes for our clients. As well as the support of our experienced field-based video mystery shoppers, our head office operational team consists of:
- Team Leader: Responsible for ensuring the team deliver a successful programme that meets client requirements, achieves deadlines, and maintains the highest quality of work.
- Programmes Co-ordinators: Co-ordinators handle the day-to-day running of the customer mystery shop programmes. This includes liaising with clients to understand what they’re looking to measure from their mystery shops, then creating custom briefs and questionnaires off the back of this, as well as communicating with shoppers, customers and handling any queries from the Quality Control (QC) team.
- Quality Controllers (QC’s): Our Quality Controllers are responsible for ensuring each customer mystery shop meets our quality standards including sound, brief compliance and credibility. Our Quality Controllers are also experts in CX, scoring each and every visit against a prescribed questionnaire, and staff behaviours using our award-winning Behavioural Measurement Score (BMS®) methodology.
Left to right: Rossanne (Co-ordinator), Mike (Quality Controller), Ellie (Co-ordinator)
Want to know more?
If you're interested in finding our more about our Customer Mystery Shopping programmes, send us an email: email@example.com